||[Aug. 9th, 2005|10:24 am]
healthy body mind and spirit
Get Fit, No Excuses|
Six ways to stay motivated
• When you leave the gym, leave your Palm Pilot or something else essential in your locker so you'll be forced to return and get it
• At home, keep fitness equipment in view. "Out of sight means out of mind," says Florez.
• Think small. Jog to the next tree, or pedal to the end of a song, says Los Angeles trainer Karen Voight
• Reward yourself for goals achieved with a movie, manicure, or massage.
• Commit to a charity run, says Keli Roberts, group fitness manager at Equinox Fitness in Pasadena, California. Then you'll be working out for more than just yourself.
• Hire a personal trainer who charges for missed sessions. "That," Roberts says, "really keeps people honest.